1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

XR7 "lift kit"

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mx495, Aug 27, 2006.

1. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

TLS on this site has the "lift kit" for his XR7. When will these be available for others or a part number to get it at the dealer. I would really like to get the kit as I have installed the FFT and solved the streaking problem, but still have blades sticking up on hard to cut fescue lawns with my 60" deck. Could it be shipped to me instead of my dealer, they are an hour away? Thanks for the help so far and thanks for trying to solve these problems so quickly.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are not available yet, I should know availability dates sometime this week.
    The few we have shipped out are engineering prototypes and are still in the testing stages, but it looks like it is a final version from what I am hearing.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just for clarification....I do NOT have this baffle kit....YET.

I DID have one for a 66" deck though.:dancing:
  4. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

Sounds good. When they are available I need one.
  5. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I just switch to side discharge and have the same problem but mine lays the grass over on the left side of the deck. If I double cut it cleans it up. But I am using the wavy mulching blades and the air control blowout kit. Seems like no matter what we do we still have to doublecut everything to get a quality cut. I will be happy to wait until Hustler gets something that works, I'm tired of trying things that don't cure the problem. The season is ending in 1 1/2 months for me, I hope next year they have the bugs worked out for everyone.