XS frame

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by exmarkjockey, Nov 24, 2004.

1. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

Terry,

I was wondering why the new XS has the heavy XP frame when it is not using the dual mule drive. I was going to buy one but now I cannot as the XP frame prevents me from loading it onto my truck without severe modification. I already have to modify the frames on my regular Z's and wish that Exmark would consider those of us with landscaper truck bodies in their design in the future.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Exmark Jockey,

The XS technically sits approximately 1" lower to the ground than the Lazer at the lowest point behind the rear tires. In reality if you approach a curbs and drop offs at a 45 degree angle the XS probably has an advantage because it is angled at the rear instead of a 90 degree angle. A word to the wise. Pull an XS/XP straight off a curb you are more likely to get "hung" up than on a Lazer Z. Pull the XS/XP off at a 45 degree angle and your probably slightly less likely to get hung up.

Thanks

Terry

3. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

Terry,

It's not the curbs that I have a problem with. The grade of the gate on my truck (Isuzu NPR w/landscaper body) and the low center of the frame prevents me from getting an XS or XP up the ramp. I've already had to bevel the frame on my other Z's. I mentioned it to the guys at GIE, but I'm not sure they enderstood what I was talking about either. Anyway, I guess what I'm asking is if it is possible to build the XS with a standard frame? I love my Exmarks and I could use the extra power of an XS or XP, but it simply doesn't work for someone with a truck like mine.