XT 140SB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husker1982, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Wondering if any of you use one of these. I am looking to change to it cause I already have 2 XT 140's and love them. With the SB you can have more use. If you have used one let me know how you liked it and what extra's you have for it. Thanks!

2. Husker1982

No one here has one or know someone who has one.

3. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

What is a XT 140 :confused:

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

What is it, a mower, timmer, flux-capacitor?

5. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, I don't know what it is??

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I believe it is a John Deere trimmer.

7. Husker1982

Ding Ding, Jodi you are correct. lol. Sorry for being undesriptive it is a John Deere Trimmer (Commercial) that has a split shaft. You can get an edger, culivator, or blower. It is like the homeowner units but with a commercial trimmer. I am just interested in the edger. Think about it you invest 700 to have both when you can have both for 350-400. So you could have less equipment to carry along. Good idea if you ask me. I am going to get one this year to add to my trimmers as well as the edger attachment cause I need a third edger anyway.

8. Shuter

Now i know what you are talking about. Sorry to say, but i do not know anything about that one. I would recommend Stihl. They have the same type of hand held, that I think is of high quality and reasonable priced for the motor and each attachment.

9. Husker1982

Thanks ff I really do appreciate the offer but if its not JD its not for me. I know JD makes a really good trimmer but just have not used the SB yet.

10. Shuter

That's how I feel about Stihl.