XT3200 Dixie Chopper "How Much"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by musselman, May 1, 2005.

1. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

Ive been wanting to buy a new mid mount mower to mulch with, I currently bag with a walker and have a few large account I could mulch. I did own a DC Flatlander about 5 years ago and really liked it. The only local dealer I have..if you can call 1.5 hours away local.. is a john deere place that sells Hustlers so I was planning on getting a Hustler. I just found a guy selling a brand new never used XT 3200 60 in. 32hp DC for $8800. Sounds like a great deal to me...what does a new one go for anyone know? Thanks

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I paid $9300.00 + tax for my XT3200-72

3. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

I paid $9099 for the exact machine you've been talking about. I've got 3 hours on it so far, it's broken something every time I've attempted to use it.

4. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

I paid $9200 for mine two months ago, oh and it is the 72". 50 hours on it now and no problems.

Hey mussleman what kind of large properties do you do?

5. Dixie Pro Lawn Care

Dixie Pro Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Got mine for $8199...invoice price he he. It's who you know.

6. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

Thanks guys...im leaning toward the Hustler because of warranty/dealer issues, plus I may have to finace some of it. I loved my old DC and the 32 hp would be nice but I cant risk a breakdown and have to haul the mower 6 hours to a dealer to fix. I do have a 62 inch deck for the walker so I may wait and do it the slow way for awhile also. Thanks agian

7. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Hey dixie pro, mine was 9200 out the door with 4 sets of blades, x blades stripe kit, and extra belts and all filters, I think I got a dang good deal. he he. lol :cool2:

8. Dixie Pro Lawn Care

Dixie Pro Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Good deal! I got some free 2 cycle mix, extra set of high lifts and gator blades too! Bought a backpack blower and trimmer for cost that day. All for $8800. I was a happy camper.

9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

What all's happened to it?

10. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Well, immediately the fuel filter was clogged, and it quit running - that was within 30 min. of being new. Since then 2 hydraulic oil lines have broken. Once oiling down a customers yard, the other time oiling down someones driveway. After the oilings, the belts slip all the time, hopefully the dealer is getting me new belts. Two of the tires didn't want to hold air, but I think I have that figured out....