XT5 Aerator from Turfco

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Michael J. Donovan, Oct 22, 2010.

1. rdharris

rdharris LawnSite Member

Bob , I called you guys a few days ago on the new aerator. Is that correct if I ordered now it wouldn't be shipped until march or maybe the end of march? I just sold my Classen in hoping I wouldn't have to break my back this spring.

2. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Whatever sales told you should be gospel. They are real good about hitting times and shipping. They also have a number of programs going that I am not familiar with so it is always best to talk with them when it comes to sales, shipping, pricing or anything like that. I am just a Tech Guy and know all the nuts and bolts. I am not allowed in the sales department.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Bob - how many holes will you get with this machine per sq ft, one pass?

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I think Bob will say 6 but I believe the spacing is 4" x 6" same as the other Turfco's.

I'm wondering when specs of this unit will make onto the website? Inquiring minds want to know.

5. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I got the mailer today. Aerating width 24"s, core depth up to 2 3/4 depth stops 2 1/4, 3/4" tines, .82 acres per hour, up to 4mph forward, up to 2mph reverse, length 74", width 33", Height 50", weight 362lbs with weights, 301lbs w/o, two removable weights 30lbs ea.

No tine spacing, pic shows 6 in the row.

Your welcome!

6. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

hello Bob,

on the xt5, what is the upgrade motor options and model #
    and what is the fuel capacity?

ty

7. Plugnalawn

Plugnalawn LawnSite Member

I purchased this unit new March 2012(started aeration business) direct from Turfco after seeing the videos. After using the machine which is the only aerator I have used, I have decided the videos they used their machine did not have any tines on them as you CANNOT move that machine around turns as easily as they do in the videos, sorry, nope notta,can;t be done.

8. kennc38

kennc38 LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure what you're talking about because I have no issues with maneuverability of the XT5. Have you tried lifting the front end when you turn?

9. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

I just love my new xt5. It operates like a hydro walk-behind/pushmower. Im glad its so nice. Yes, front wheels up & you turn around in a jiffy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

Searching for a remedy to loading aerator. I hate to fight with getting it on the trailer each time since one wheel just spins.
    Posted via Mobile Device