XT5 Aerator from Turfco

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Michael J. Donovan, Oct 22, 2010.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I saw the new and improved XT5 at the Green Expo a few weeks back. Now has the larger gas tank option.
    Wish I were able to modify the tank on the Briggs to double or triple its capacity. I aerate about 3 lawns now, and I am out of gas.

2. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

What else is new & improved about it?

3. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Wish they would have had the reverse speed as fast as forward speed. Reverse is like molasses.

4. adam.neusbaum

Any engineers here that can tell us if by cutting & reattaching the reverse lever a little lower it would allow a greater distance of travel & thus increase the reverse speed?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. SteveHuffman

SteveHuffman LawnSite Member

We have a new engine upgrade with a fuel tank upgrade this year. Model #85398, Its a Subaru 190cc engine with a 1 gallon tank. Retail $3645, call or email for spring special pricing.

6. adam.neusbaum

Or is it internal? Anybody?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

When you get a chance stop by the Turfco office in Blaine, MN and see what they are doing with the 2013 XT5. I am sure the information will help you and they are glad to have folks stop by. 800-679-8201 ask for Will, Steve or Jim the Service Manager.

8. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks for that info, unfortunately ive experienced failure on two of those subaru EA190V motors now, with almost a year of use on the 1st one and about 5 months use on the 2nd one -- not sure how you consider that subaru motor an 'Upgrade' as its a homeowner grade motor you can find on alot of cheap equipment at homedepot, and the motor itself retails for $200 (at least thats what it cost shipped for my last replacement at the dealer)--- the only plus side to it is that it is in fact rather cheap to replace

im curious, what does it cost for the B&S motor that you use on that aerator? and which of the 2 motors have experienced more failures thus far?

9. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Is it really the same engine? $200 retail is a really good price. What did Subaru say about the failed engines when you went for warranty on them?
    If you have time give me a call 402-432-2446 Bob

10. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what the dealers cost was, they showed me the slip, I spec'd out a Honda gsv190 for possible replacement, don't think I want another one of those ea190v on my equipment , has turfco considered that Honda model?
    Posted via Mobile Device