XT5 -New Video

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Turfco-GK, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Turfco-GK

Turfco-GK Sponsor

2. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Is it not a core aerator? Maybe its just the video.. but I don't see it pulling out any cores.

How much $$$?
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

now that is pretty funny, but true. it does however look easy to operate and built with service in mind.
  4. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Kind of like the LS videos other then the ride-on videos. Both the LS walk-behind aerators videos where are the plugs. Lets see some cores from both manufactures.
  5. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Same question I was asking about the plugs.I do see they use the better Briggs engine with the oil filter . My LS has the same engine sans the filter.I always perfer a pressurized engine.It should live longer while running on hills.
  6. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry... I will never walk behind an aerator..
  7. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Sorry, but there are many lawns that won't be getting done with anything else.
  8. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't have an aeration machine but I would like to get one. I can rent one locally for $200 for 5 days...a Classen 18??? It looked like it would be a barrel of laughs to use. I watched the LS video a few months back it looked like it would almost be a joy to use(seriously). I didn't get that from this video. It looked like it would almost "sling-shot" you around corners and the guy in particular looked like he had to bend over quite a bit, almost like the handles needed adjusting. Just my observations. If priced about the same, my money would be on the LS machine for sure.
  9. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Leave the classen at the rental shop.They are no fun to wrestle.I think the operator in the video was just learning to operate the machine .He definitely didn't look like a smooth operator.It looks like it works very similar to the LS unit but the new handle on the ta21 does look a bit taller.Looks like the xt5 and the ta21 core about the same from the video's ,didn't see many plugs.XT5 does have an engine oil filter,removable tine cover and external chains so the maintenance may be easier then the ta21. Plus the good turfco name and backing. I think when the new LS dual hydro hits next spring it might leave these units in the dust.
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with you. I didn't see any cores being pulled. I will give you that it is easier to maneuver than a conventional WB aerator but where are the cores?