1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme rack review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slawn, Sep 8, 2007.

1. slawn

slawn LawnSite Senior Member

After about a month of using the xtreme racks, my only regret is I didn't get them sooner. There easy to use and your trimmers stay put, no more rolling around. I would highly recommend them.
  2. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

Man, I gotta get me one of those. I just put some rubber hose on my trimmer rack and its helped with scratching and rolling considerably.
  3. slawn

You won't have to worry about rolling with the xtreme racks. I had some old homemade racks before, got tired of watching my trimmers roll around as I drove down the road. The xtreme racks are high but well worth it imo.:clapping:
  4. Bond's Lawn Keepers

Bond's Lawn Keepers LawnSite Member

Hello slawn. On those weed eater racks. How does the weights thats goes on the weed eater heads do. Is that a little heavy
  5. slawn

Your talking about the blocks that mount on the trimmer shaft? There not heavy at all, I think there made out of aluminum I never notice that there on there.
  6. acm8705

acm8705 LawnSite Member

These racks are excellent. The mounting blocks are not noticeable when trimming or edging.
  7. TN Property Services

TN Property Services LawnSite Member

The xtreme racks are well worth every penny. The aluminum blocks that mount on the shaft weigh just a few ounces each. The only reason I notice they are on the trimmers is because the shaft is gray and the blocks are red.
  8. Gage7

Gage7 LawnSite Member

I am concerned about how quickly equipment can be taken off the racks and put back on. I don't understand how (from the pictures) that you can get equipment on and off those racks quickly. We go from one house to the next very quickly and need to take off the trimmers fast.... Can someone tell me, can you get your equipment on and off quickly?
  9. Gage7

Gage7 LawnSite Member

Nevermind, I finally got it after looking at the pictures long enough. I wasn't getting that you actually bolt the mounting blocks to the equipment.
  10. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Are they still making other brands of trimmer racks? Don't know who would buy them. :laugh: