1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme Rack vs. Jungle Jim's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freshprince94, Aug 1, 2008.

1. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am planning on buying a new trimmer rack and have narrowed it down to either the Xtreme Rack or Jugnle Jim's rack. Both would be the three position model. All help is appreciated.
  2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Bumping for you sir, I am interested in this topic too:)
  3. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Xtreme racks and I like them.
    Easy to use and very secure. The down side is that you need to get those aluminum blocks on all your hand held equipment.
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Mr Frog:
    How do the racks attach to an open trailer, just bolted on with lock washers? (assuming angle iron top rail) Wouldn't the racks have some sway? Do yours sway or are they solid?
  5. vanderbilt

vanderbilt LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

Just ordered the extreme racks for my new inclosed trailor.After about 2 months, I could'nt be happier. The trimmers themselves act as a brace for the top of the rack. Very ridgid. The aluminum blocks weight next to nothing and even act as a handhold when edging. MHO
  6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I mounted mine Extreme rack to the top and bottom on the inside at the front.
    It's not a good pic of it. The top of the rack is next to the black strip above the license plate on the truck. It's hard to make it out good with the shadow from the rear wiper. It's solid on the trailer and it doesn't move at all. I cut and welded the brackets that came with the rack to the top part of the trailer then bolted it on top and bottom.
  7. MortonLawn

MortonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Greentouch racks for enclosed trailer, can't go wrong.*trucewhiteflag*
  8. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 Jungle Jims single trimmer racks on my open trailer. One on each side. One for me, one for the helper...and there is always a trimmer available, no matter how the truck is parked.

I love those racks. Super fast and easy. The trimmers seem very secure and out of the way. The racks are really well made, with good paint. They bolt right through the top rail of the trailer, and are very strong. I had to drill holes for the bolts, which was pretty easy. I use them to fuel the trimmers, and for reloading string.

I am going to get a JJ blower rack soon.
  9. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I've had several if you want the best...go with the extreme.
  10. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i use products from snaprack.com. works awesome for enclosed trailer