Xtreme Series Trimmer Racks . . . . .

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawnmaniac883, Sep 18, 2007.

1. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Just placed an order for greentouch's 3 place Xtreme Trimmer Rack to mount in my new enclosed trailer, will see how they work as opposed to other racks in terms of quality, appeal and ease of use. Anyone got em yet?

2. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search, you will find nothing but good about them. They are the best of the best. Yes, I've had others, but none can compare to the extreme racks.

Later, Tony

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Ok so I ordered the racks yesterday at 4 they were at my doorstep at 11am this morning, delivered from palm beach talking about fast.

Now on for my review of this product. Hardware and the actual racks are made very well, nylon lock nuts and all necessary mounting hardware came with the racks and exceeded my expectations. Mounting the racks was time consuming but overall not too bad. Everything was included with the racks, lock and all I liked that fact. Now the part I disslike is that if you have a curved shaft edger such as a stihl fc100 then the racks will present a minor headache as the fitment of the edger against the wall of your enclosed trailer is VERY VERY VERY tight. So tight infact that I had to jam the thing into the rack to get it inplace. I decided to reverse the mounting on the edger shaft so that I put it in the rack backwards with the edger end towards the lock and the engine at the other end. This works O.K. at best, still a pain to get in and out. My straight shaft trimmer goes in and out of the rack perfectly and does very well. I suppose you could try to shim up the mounting bracket away from the wall of the trailer to allow a curved shaft unit to fit easier which I may end up doing. So overall this is a good product with a flaw when it comes to using a curved shaft unit in an enclosed trailer.

4. To gain an additional 1 inch of clearance off the wall (which you may need for bent shaft trimmers and edgers) simply take the 90 Degree bracket and flip it.

If you have any other questions or comments don't be afraid to ask.

-Matt