1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme Trimmer Racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheChiefsLawnCare, Jun 10, 2008.

1. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody know if the xtreme trimmer racks can mount on a pickup truck and how they would be mounted. I dont have a trailer because I dont feel like dropping the money on a triler if I dont know if Im going to be staying in the business. And i want to have somethin to protect my equipment from theft. If anybody has any pics of any type of trimmer rack installed in their truck that was be nice. :) Thanks
  2. chrisvinky

chrisvinky LawnSite Senior Member

I have the xtreme series from Greentouch on my trailer.

I don't see why you couldn't mount them to your truck, although they will be a pain in the arse to load and unload. You would have to drill holes through the siderails of your bed.

Looks like to me the only way to load and unload would be to face them towards the inside and get up in the bed every time, unless you have a truck that sits extremely low. Or your 7'2":laugh:
  3. It is possible to mount the xtreme series to the bed of your pickup truck. We offer extensions that would bolt down to the bed of your truck and also bolt to the siderail of the truck. You would then mount these racks to the top of the extensions. You would have to measure from the bottom of your truckbed to the top of your siderail and that would be the size extension you would need.

I would only recommend using a 2 place trimmer rack on your truck because of the height issue and also because you have to access the top of the rack to remove your trimmers. You should also be able to have your trimmer racks facing outward if you use a two place and for them to still be functional.
  4. MnGreen

MnGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Saw a guy in MPLS yesterday who made a home made rack for his p/u.

Was 2 X 2 tube steel framed the width of his bed.
    Had a mesh backing and inner studs where the hooks/hangers were for his trimmers and such.
    He had one side fabed to a swivel mount (drivers side) where the pole from the rack slipped in to a open hole mount that just slid down in to his stake pocket on the truck.
    The passenger side had a flat stock piece of metal with a hole on the rack and the same on the insert for the stake pocket. He lined up the two and had a trailer pin and key in it.

He would just pull the pin and the rack would swing to what ever side he had the swivel at. Worked great from what I saw. He also could set it up at any one of the bed stake pocket locations and told me he puts it on the rear quite a bit right at the tail gate. The mesh backing makes for a higher gate and hauling options.
    He had it sprayed with rhino liner type bed protector.
  5. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The extreme racks are pretty sweet. I have a 3 position one on my trailer.