1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Y fittings

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dave22, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Dave22

Dave22 LawnSite Member

Does anyone use Y fittings instead of Tees? I have noticed several manufacturers selling them. Are they good or bad?
  2. It is hard enough for some contractors to install just one 45 correctly ,then add another 45 into the mix....
  3. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

never seen the y fitting. that ight be tough to line up.
  4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Leave It Alone.
  5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe the plow boys could use them since they can take off in any strange direction??? :laugh:
  6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I've used about 4 Y-fittings total.

If you have to, its just as easy to use a T and a 45. The majority of the time's I've used a Y fitting is when a rookie plows a line that intersects with another line, and comes at it totally wrong.
  7. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

See..... I knew Plow Boys would use them. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ENGINEER LawnSite Member

What kind of Y are we talking. Slip y, slipxswing y, drip y, dwv y ?
  9. Probably talking about the slipx slipx barb connectors(pvc fitting to poly pipe connection.
  10. Dave22

Dave22 LawnSite Member

I am trying to find out about both pvc to swing pipe y connections and poly to swing pipe y connectors. I use threaded 45 elbows for both now and I am thinking of switching. Looking for feedback. Also has anyone ever seen a combination swing and drip connection fitting?