ya Gotta love it

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by High Performance Lighting, Dec 2, 2006.

1. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

When the call comes in -"a section of my lights don't work". You go through the basic diagnostics over the phone to save them a service call. They swear nothing has changed or is different than normal or they haven't fooled around or tinkered with anything and the implication is that it must be your failed equipment. You get out there and find out nothing could be further from the truth. They've got 6,000 watts of holiday lighting sharing the same outlet as your transformer or the transformer box is open and you find things not the way you left them. Timers missing, etc. Or they relandscaped the entire yard and their landscaper told them they didn't need to call the original installer they could handle it. You find the fixtures caked in muck, twisted and turned in different weird directions, cables chopped up or pulled taught. New fixtures that you know you didn't install all over the yard wired to your transformer that had minimum capacity left when you finished your work. You get the picture. Why can't they just be straight up on the phone. This way you can be better prepared time wise to fix it. Unbelievable

2. extlights

extlights LawnSite Senior Member

It's because most of these people have tons of money and when it comes to anything around their house they are simply clueless. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of our customers didn't even know the difference between screwdrivers. :laugh:

3. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I can't do anything for myself = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Can you say warranty is void ???

I bet they expected you to make it right too since its your system and you maintain it.

I got 1 client who is constantly screwing with his system. Drives me nuts.

5. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I have a section in my contract that let's them know that if "anyone" other than a NightScapes Representative does anything to the system, the warranty is void. I have gone out to do maintenance on my projects and found additional lighting installed. Turned around, got back into the truck and left. Any further work is billed at time and materials.