yahoo I got my first call!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KathysLGC, Mar 19, 2002.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I was late on advertising because I found a few good deals on equipment and coundnt spend the $ earlier but what I have done as of last week is this; Buisiness cards, color flyers, and magnet buisiness cards. The magnet was an idea I had in my sleep (go figure). I got the magnets from staples (100 @ $19.99). They are do it your selfers. Just peel the film off and stick your card on it. A magnet and flyer with the envelope just made $.32 The reason I am doing this first class is so it will make the home owner open up the envelope and see whats in side. Even if he or she doesn't want the service hopefully they will used the magnet to hold a picture on there fridge and my # will be there if they need me. Well my first call was yesterday and the guy was happy to see some one in the area cutting lawns. He said he hates the guy that does his lawn but didnt have time to search around. I will give him a bid this afternoon. I will let you know how it goes. Thats one call and so far I only sent out about 100 letters. Got another 50 today to mail out plus will be working on more tonight.

2. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

I've thought about the magnets myself, I was just wondering if you had to pay extra postage (weight), or will a regular stamp work?

3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I made a mistake the postage is $.34 Yes a regular stamp worked for me. My envelope is 24lb and the laser paper my flyer is on is also 24lb. Not sure the weight of the card probly 110lb or better. Everything weighed in at 1oz. If it were to go even .1oz the pastage would of jumped 10 $.64. Have one weighed befor you send any out. Also the magnets are in the tape and post it notes isle at staples. Took me a while to find it...lol