1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Yahoo Site Builder?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by atc, Feb 12, 2007.

1. atc

atc LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Has anyone used Yahoo site builder for their website? If so what price option did you go with?? Is your address your website.yahoo.com? I do not want to have the yahoo. com at the end of my website address. I want a basic, professional looking website. Any thoughts????? I don't have a lot of knowledge about website building or hosting.
  2. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

3. webhost

webhost LawnSite Member

If you use yahoo you will be forced to stay with them forever. Or at least if you want to keep that site. Not wanting to use the yahoo.com in your domain. Is a wise choice. You would be promoting yahoo more then your own site. It also would not look to professional.

It still amazes me how many companies do business using a aol yahoo or hotmail email.
  4. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Your website will not have a yahoo extension at the end of it. When you sign up for your domain name, they search to see if anyone already has that name. If no one has it, it is yours. If someone does have it they will tell you that and let you know if the .org .net or others are available and you can take those. Or you can do a search for another variation on the name. They also give you email addresses that will be yourname@yourwebsite.com. No one will ever know that yahoo is your server.
  6. webhost

webhost LawnSite Member

True but you will still get much better tech support from a smaller company.
  7. atc

atc LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Shades of Green- great website. Thanks for sharing
  8. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

9. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I used it to build my site.

check it out!
  10. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Let me clarify, I am happy with yahoo site builder and yahoo web hosting. A friend of mine asked me to redesign his website, I asked if he used yahoo...he said yes. Come to find out he has earthlink.

Now, the question remains is: will I be able to upload sitebuilder to earthlink?

Thanks again