Yanmar YM330d

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by R. Carney, Aug 14, 2004.

1. R. Carney

R. Carney LawnSite Member

Hi all
    Can anyone tell me about the Yanmar 330 D, does it have external hydraulics, 2 or 4 wheel drive, reliability etc. Alternatively a website that lists the specs, Yanmar.com dosent.

2nd question, has anyone put a trenching machine on the back of their tractor? I lay a lot of HDPE pipe between 40mm and 90mm.
    im looking at adapting an old self propelled one, and looking for tips

Thanks

Ryan:
    confused: :blob4:

2. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yanmar 330D is a US model (not grey market), around 30 hp. I'm not sure what you mean by external hydraulics. Nearly all compact tractors have live hydraulics for operating the 3 point hitch, and can be easily tapped into for loaders and other hydraulic accessories. The D means it is 4WD. They are extremely reliable. Yanmar built nearly all of John Deere's compacts until a few years ago, and the US market Yanmars had features that were not available on John Deeres- like a powershift transmission. Yanmar stopped selling US market tractors because of it's production arrangement with John Deere. Because the 330D is a US model, parts and service are available through Yanmar dealers. For much more info go to www.tractorbynet.com.