yard amintenance cost $7000 ?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by ripet, Mar 8, 2004.

1. ripet

ripet LawnSite Member

Hi, I thought I just posted a question, but don't see it anywhere...I'm a new member, sorry if I ended up posting twice...
    My yard people quoted me, 7 months of mowing and maintenance for $7000. Is this seem reasonable? It's 3/4 acre of mainly lawn.

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

u will have to give us more info like what is the maint. part
    list what they bid on so we have a idea what u need

3. ripet

ripet LawnSite Member

OK, that's make sense. Well, they did walkthrough with me last week and they told me that they'll give me a break down of exact
    cost this week , but as far as I can remember it's a whole year contract and we have about 7 months of lawn season here. Service includes, mowing once a week, dumping of clipping, fertilizing , weeding, controlling and maintining of water system , blowing line before the snow, cleaning up of leaves and pine needles, weeding ...is all I can remember from top of my head right now.
    So, it's not just a mowing of lawn, it's more like whole ground maintenance? (I guess..).

4. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

my yard people..........

5. ripet

ripet LawnSite Member

Well... I know I know.... I wish if i could worded better but couldn't come up with at that moment. landscape person(?) does this sounds better..? I am Japanese , I wish I could write or speak better....If anyone got offended , please understand I didn't mean it... I am sorry.

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

all i can say is get a second and a third estimate

7. LawnPerfect

ripit, LOL
    I was just making a joke at you.
    And please dont worry, you didnt offend me at all. You should hear some of the things that my wife calls me. LOL

8. LawnPerfect

Dustycedar called it right. Get more estimates, unless your lawn is a show piece that would require ALOT of maintence then the LCO is trying to take you for a ride.
    Can you post pictures of your lawn so we can see what the terrain and landscaping looks like?

9. ripet

ripet LawnSite Member

Thanks Dusty and Lawndoc ! I got another quote this afternoon, it was $600 a month. I think that's sounds more of what I expected. But, now I want to continue getting few more quote before I decide , since going with lowest price may not be the best either. Yes , I'd love to post photos.I 'll take pictures tomorrow. ( Let's hope I can figure out how to post).

10. ripet

ripet LawnSite Member

Here are some photos

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]