1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Yard Debris Shuttle Bin for your grass clippings

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nosparkplugs, Apr 21, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I just read some new advertisement's for a new dump system called the Yard Debris Shuttle Bin, manufactured by IBBZ, Inc. It can be used on existing traiers and features a self contained 12-volt hydraulics and has a self-filling design. The 60" model holds 3.5yards of debris, and the 80" bin holds 9 yards of debris. The shuttle bin fills from the side or rear and multiple bins can installed on trailers for more capacity. Dumps completely without moving the trailer. remote control available. That was verbatim form their add.
    Their is no website yet, I googled it to death, no hits. This system looks really easy to set up. Their saying its like a "garbage can" you set it in your trailer no drilling from what I have read, I guess you sit it on the floor of your trailer the hydraulic's/cylinder & hoses, pump are all self contained within the bin itself it's the coolest trailer dump insert I have seen in 7 years. It looks to have a steel skeleton with a mesh like cloth almost like a cloths hamper?, it has a loader arm & bucket, like the Lawn Rabbit trailers. It's shown loading a big load of grass clippings from a Walker 9.5 hopper, and at the end of a day, dumping the whole 9 yards out the side. I have already request a company brochure, tonight. Of course something this easy to set-up & innovative will be expensive as hell. Their are no picture to link on this setup, anyware, so unless you have a Turf magazine you might no be able to picture this:cry:
  2. mwh350

mwh350 LawnSite Member

I am a fan. I think that I want one. I am wondering how well this will hold up?
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  4. ben b zee

ben b zee LawnSite Member

yes that's it. there is a website for the lawn debris shuttle bin at www.ibbzinc.com
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking, how bad could it be, a grand or two?

Then I found the 'order' page ;)
    At least I hadn't got excited yet.

That was a good one, thou.
  6. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Topsites---I think that guy was either drunk or special.
  7. ben b zee

ben b zee LawnSite Member

I don't know about you guys but my business goes in spurts. Busy in spring busy in fall normal in summer slow in winter. In order for me to be efficient I need someone to help but I really can't justify one all the time unless they are part time. I know a lot of reliable part timers but they are retired and can't handle the brawny work like handling the grass. With one of these bins I can utilize some of the reliable part timers that just want to be part timers and thus be efficient.
  8. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

It's a interesting concept. I'm guessing a guy bagging all his lawns would find it cost affective, but I'm not that guy.

I'm wondering how it would hold up overtime doing cleanups. A leaf loader is $1500 and up, then you also need to make a box etc. So the price closer if you already using that set up. But that mesh/cloth I don't know how it would last being outside in the rain etc.
  9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Two words....Walker Mulchdeck!
  10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I am thining of if part of that idea will work with my trailer. look in the link in my sig