1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Yard from hell

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Mike33, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Here was a yard that sat for 2 years before anything was done. We got the job and buit 3 walls to take out slope. Then we re graded, added clay over shale, then added 5" of top soil and hydro-seeded.
    Mike

kessel1.JPG

kessel2.JPG

kesdone1.JPG

kesdone2.JPG

kesdone3.JPG

2. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job what kind of equipment did you use on that job.

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Huge improvement, walls look top notch. I like the block looks very similar to the King block we use. When did thr hydroseeding get done? Enough time to get a good stand of turf? Looks good Mike.

4. Mike33

Thanks, Bobcat 185 steel tracks, hoe attm, rockhound, turfmaker hydroseeder
    Mke

5. Mike33

Thanks,
    I use allen block. I seeded last week it will be tough but i think maybe if the weather holds a couple more days it might pop. I norrmally use 80-20 blend of fescue but i added an extra 10 lbs of per.and ann. rye in each tank. I explained all to homeowner and told him i would come back in spring and fertlize and re seed for just the cost of material and he is cool with that.
    Mike

6. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

Dumb question but, Which wall did you build first? The bottom one?

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Not trying to come across as jerk, it looks good....but...

Looking at picture #3 it looks as if the bottom of the middle wall starts rising on the left??? It seems not to be the same height throughout the length of the wall if you view it from the caps on the bottom wall...

Is this some type of opitical illusion do to the wall turning in more or something? Is it me???

Again, I'm not trying to be a jackass.

8. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I could do that. Looks great

9. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

wow huge change

those people must be on a budget.....hopefully one day they will carry the stone facade on down to your great work....that is a hell of a lot of slab showing.....and maybe they will slap something over the tyvek by the door :confused:

but very nice work for someone probably on a tight budget and IMO doing the smart thing and going bigger nicer house in small pieces

10. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

nice stonework but it looks like it will be a pain in the but to mow.