Yard munchers... What do you think??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green-Cuts, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Green-Cuts

Green-Cuts LawnSite Member

2. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

ok as long as it doesn't cost more than a bicycle water bottle holder, which, by the way, it is.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL!!! Another "anythging to make money" item. From the words of PT Barnum...There's one born every minute."
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

On large jobs my trimmer guys carry fuel in a canteen which also has a small pocket on it for trimmer line. Cost about $6 at Harbor Freight.
  5. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Not a chance. It is going to throw the balance of your trimmer way off, and if you flip your trimmer upside down to edge, the bottle is going to fall out. I make sure my trimmer has enough fuel and line in it to do the job before I start, if is does not have enough fuel, top it off, not enough line, change the spool. I keep 5 extra spools in the truck pre wound.
  6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

7. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone actually used one? From the looks of the design it doesn't look too bad. It should stay fairly balanced if it's directly under the handle. Also, when you're edging, it should stay in place keeping in mind that the head of the trimmer is always down. It would probably be most beneficial when trimming at large accounts, when you're a long way from the truck and such. A $20 pocket? Maybe. I'm curious also, any users out there?
  8. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

I won't call it gay but it is impractical. First, I don't care how big the job is, I make sure I have enough fuel and string for the job. Next, when I cheat and edge with the trimmer, I think this would get in the way. Next, It has to throw things off balance. I'd be more worried about losing the spare spool than to enjoy any beneifit this wouyld offer. sorry to be negative but I do like the ingenuity that you have. If it works for you, make 'em.
  9. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

what happens if your spool came out of the holder, and then un-winds. or the gas container falls off without realizing, into the lawn and someone comes by with a mower. its a good idea in theory. but its just as easy to put an extra spool in your pocket. how many times do you use a full tank of gas on your trimmers. it usually takes 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours for my echos to run out of gas.