Yard Shark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MONTE, Dec 3, 2007.

1. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone ever run one? I found one on ebay and went and looked at it today pretty nice! And quick! But I do not now if anyone has a durabilty report on them.
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

They are too new in the market to have any history one way or the other. They have been offered for less than a year.
  3. Mowingman

from Texas

FYI, some of their ZTR models are built by a little known company here in the U.S. that has struggled along for a number of years with average quality machines, poor sales and few dealers. I believe this is a last ditch effort by this little company to expand sales by teaming up with Tilton Equipment, a distributor of lawn equipment in the Southeast U.S.
    I am not sure, but some of their other machines may be those Chinese-built el cheapos.
  4. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

The Yard Shark is built by B & H Mfg in Jackson, MN. They also sell it under the Jazzer brand name. This is the second year for this mower. B & H sold it for one year under the Jazzer name and then Tilton approached them about letting them market it. B & H got into the mower business by buying the Schwiess brand because of their snow blowers.
  5. Mowingman

from Texas

Yes, those are the company names I was not able to think of last night. If this new deal with the distributor does not work to increase sales, that whole line of machines is probably going to be history, or be sold off to the Chinese.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

That will be to bad! Do a search on here I tried them out and found them to be good machines! I owned schweiss in the past and they were a sherman tank!
  7. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one for one of my crews! It clocked 319hrs. and NO issues with it at all! It cuts really well and we actually replaced a ferris 52" walk with it because it worked so well and had no issues with tree limbs because it sits so low to the ground Great Machine! I will probably buy another one this spring and use it to replace a 52" stander that we hate! Mine has the 25hp kawasaki on it. The one on ebay has a honda on it I have heard good and bad about honda but have no real experience with them. If you get it you can use Dixie Chopper or Exmark blades on it they fit no problem!
  8. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Their WB's look VERY similar to the Redhawks.
  9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yes... All the way down to the 18 hp Kohler they use (which no other mfg. uses) and note the lack of the "made in america" flag that's only present on the page with the ZTR machine.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I am pretty sure he was asking about the riders not the walks. However I demoed a walk and cannot say anything mechanically bad about it!