Yard Sign - Opinion Please

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CWilliams, Mar 14, 2005.

1. CWilliams

CWilliams LawnSite Member

We need your opinion. Will this sign get people's attention? The printer just emailed me the proof. So, I can make changes. I'm not sure about the ink color. Will the green blend in with the lawn?

Attached Files:

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Looks like you had your signs made by the same company as I did....Screen Arts. Can't beat their prices. What is up with the "T" in Busters???? Looks kind of deformed. Have you considered putting it on their yellow chloroplast? I think it would look better and stand out more. I thought about using that yellow, but went with another design. I paid the extra money and added 2 more colors. I found a designer to design mine also and he only charged me $25. I then sent the files to Screen Arts.

PROGRESSIVE YARD SIGN (simple view).jpg

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

walker, do i recall correctly that screen arts was the shop that has the ebay store? how'd they turn out for you/experience?

i need to order smaller, more disposable signs than what i use for my remodeling clients and my current sign company, while fantastic, is fairly expensive. actually, with quick math, your guy is 50% of what mine would charge.

thanks - tony

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

They turned out real nice Tony and yes, it was that ebay store. There site address is www.screenart1.com I would recommend doing business with them in a heartbeat. They offer smaller runs, but it was only $30 more to go from 25 signs to 50 signs. As far as smaller signs, I have no idea what they charge for this.

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

thanks, walker. the "smaller" signs i was referring to are the 18x24s. my remodeling signs, geared toward higher-end clientelle, are 24x36 aluminum.

6. CWilliams

I still need some opinions on this sign! Please help! :help:

7. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

Your font is too artsy.
    Think of the customer driving by at 35 mph.
    Can you read your phone number easily?
    Think from the prospective clients viewpoint.
    Simple clean easy to read.

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Word of mouth is the best I think!!!!!!!!!!!! I think signs look trashy...........

9. CWilliams

I agree. I'm going to work with the sign company to design something more basic. What do you all think about the green letters. I personally don't think the color is "loud" enough. What do you all recommend?

10. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Impressive, I like the yellow a lot. Keep up the good work Matt!