Yard Sign Size?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by godsey03, May 12, 2004.

1. godsey03

godsey03 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

For those of you who use yard signs, what in your opinion is the perfect size? I was going to order some 24x24 signs but the sign guy said in his opinion those would be too big. He is trying to talk me into ordering some 14x11 signs. I didnt know if the 14x11's would be big enough. So before I order any I wanted to get your guys' opinions.

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I like my 18x12" 's........

Derek

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine are 10x14"

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

12x24" This must be a pointless reply so I will waste some more bandwidth and type this out.

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Mine are 18"x24", $5.00 each when I bought 20.

[​IMG]

6. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Is it a permanent sign or temporary? Personally, I think the one in the pic above is too small to clearly see except for people walking by. That said, it also looks like the kind of sign that would permanently be up. For a temporary sign I think they should be the same size as real estate sign.

7. godsey03

godsey03 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

They will be temporary. Probably a couple weeks at each site. We have a few high traffic locations where they should get noticed. But I dont want to order to a sign that is to small but the sign guy swears that the 14x11 sign will be plenty big.

8. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

18"x24 for installs
    6"x6" for matinance

9. HGT

HGT LawnSite Member

I use an 18" x 24"..... here's what it looks like.

HGT

Attached Files:

10. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Mine are temp or permanent. The picture doesn't show it, but it can be seen easily from the street.

Had a lady call me last night from that very sign, or one of the two others on the property, all temporary. The house just sold for $420,000 last week.