Yard sign

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigkyle, Jan 23, 2007.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

does anyoone use them and if so how well do they work

2. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Always get stolen around here, not worth it. Actually I think its residents, they want to keep their neighborhood clean. Last year a guy put up 3-colour, lawn clean-up signs every where.
    Every corner, if it was 4 way stop, he would put 4 on the corner. I must have seen 30 to 40 of them in one of MY favorite neighborhoods. I had gone the flyer route and was losing customers because I couldn't get them all done fast enough but I still thought, Crap this is going to steal a lot of work from me. Next day almost all of them were gone. I don't know if it was competition or residents or maybe even the city.

I know 3-colour signs cost a lot and they were nice looking signs, it would have made me sick if they were my signs that got stolen.

One year I tried 1 colour signs, sometimes they would be gone within an hour lol.

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We do. It does work fairly well for generating phone calls. Landing the deal is another story.

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

We use them on yards after we do an install. I have had many calls off of my signs from other neighbors in the neighborhood.

5. hess

hess LawnSite Member

I just keep one with me when i'm servicing the customer i put it in the yard and when i'm done i just take it with me people will get your number and come back later to see the job i got 6 customers doing it this way in one day
    this works for me

6. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I used them for firewood this winter and they worked great! I am hoping to do them for lawn care this Spring as well...well worth it.

7. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

You put a sign on their lawn while you mow it? (I got decals on the truck)

8. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I have never used them, but I think if you do, I would ask the customer if you can put them on the yard, and how long can you can have it there.

9. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

They work great. Very easy way to advertise.

10. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

If I were you I would look at doing them yourself. You can by computer controlled vinyl cutters off ebay for a few hundred. You can create what ever you want and do lettering on trucks or anything else too.