Yard signs, anyone???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Apr 18, 2006.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, I was thinking about putting up a yard sign in some lawns if the people let me and was wondering how many do this??? I thought it might be worth a shot for getting some new people that way they can be like" Oh, look at that great looking lawn, well honey,looks like finercutslawncare does that one". If you guys have any you could show me or any info on this that would be great!:waving:

2. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

Thats a great idea, how big would it be.

3. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

Do you mean while you are cutting or for an extended period of time? I sometime will put on up during a landscaping job that lasts about a few days or so. I'm sure your clients are going to want some sort of discount for having the signs. But it seems like a good idea.:clapping:

4. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I really like the idea. I was thinking of doing it myself. It seems like it would really drive your name home to people if they drive by it everyday. They will see your name over and over again, and as soon as they need something they will know where to go. You're talking about political type signs right?

5. FinerCutslawnCare

Yea just something simple, not to big not to small, and see i live acroos the street from a gas station so everyone is always driving past my house to get to theres! I just thought of it and it sounds like a good idea!

6. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I would think you could put them at busy intersections too, just like political signs. You will most likely have to replace them every once in awhile due to others taking them. They would be good to put on landscaping jobs too.

7. rickt

rickt LawnSite Member

You might want to look into the city's code enforcement before you ask your customer about this. There is a small city where i mow customers lawns and you are prohibited from putting any type of advertising sign on Residential Properties, i had a 5x5 inch sign and i was called by code enforcement about it after they had sent a notice to the customer.

The only exclusion to the above rules is Real Estate signs, but from what i was told is once the house is sold the realtor has so many days to remove it and cant let it sit there with a SOLD sign on it like some do.

The customer was allowed to put "vote for blah blah" signs however they had to have a orange permit on them that was only good for 30 Days.

Kinda cheesy if you ask me.

8. rickt

rickt LawnSite Member

Most city's dont allow signs to be used on public streets, thats why they get pulled. Its considered Street Spam.

http://www.causs.org/

9. FinerCutslawnCare

What if you put it in your own lawn??

10. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

Find out from the city. It'll be different wherever you are.