1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

YARD SIGNS, do they really work?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Icemanku, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

I'm thinking about getting a bunch of yard signs and putting them in high traffic areas and hopefully off city property.

Do they work?

Do you get good accounts or just cheap-ohs?

I need to increase business faster.

Your thoughts?

2. BuckeyeLandscaping

BuckeyeLandscaping LawnSite Member

Yard signs are an inexpensive yet high impact way to advertise your business. High traffic intersections are the best places to put these. If you cater to a higher class have the sign designed to show that.
  3. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

Are you speaking from experience?
  4. badassgrass

badassgrass LawnSite Member

Ice: We use them to advert. aeration and they work pretty good. However, you will learn real fast where not to put them. In two days, half were gone. The rest of them were up for a month!

Busy corners are the best, not only because of traffic but people (I think LCOs) won't get out of the cars and take them in front of everyone.
  5. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Yard signs work great. I only have two but they are the good metal signs that the real estate agents use. They are good to target a certain area. I put one in a yard last week and already gain 5 yards from it on the same street.
  6. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

They work good for me. Lots of response. Several high end customers.
  7. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

where can you order them from?
  8. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

this is my first year to use then and it's help me land 10 or more customer
  9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

do good work and your customers will be your advertising, which also means, your getting paid to advertise!
  10. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

That is a True Statement redwingsdet