Yard signs left near public roadways. Professional or not?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Exact Rototilling, Mar 18, 2009.

1. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

LOOKS GOOD NUMBERS look good....

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i like signs lots o signs

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

latest one. :rolleyes:

ver6.JPG

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I think if they are basic signs with a nice simple design they serve their purpose. We have a "Just Mowing" company around here and I see their signs here and there but I did remember it. So if I was a potential customer I would remember it too. As far as being professional, I think if they are made by a professional they look ok vs. the computer generated crap I see hanging on telephone poles, those look desperate IMO.

5. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

heres what i bought from fall, I think I got like 20+ calls from them and signed like 3 maintenance accounts + got a bunch of 1 time cleanups...simple and to the point. Every lawn I serviced got one, whether a full maintenance customer or the one-timer.

Not many guys here have them and people would tell me how they saw my signs all over and that I must do good work with so many out.

[​IMG]

6. nnj18

New ones this year the # will be (973) 627-LAND......I'm also getting some that say, "Got Grass?"

7. dewos

dewos LawnSite Member

HAHA where did you get yours done, mine looks just like it with out the leaves.

8. nnj18

I bought them off ebay, I gave them the basic layout and that's what they sent me.

9. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Definetely NOT professional to put signs for PRIVATE gain on a piece of land the PUBLIC paid for. Also ILLEGAL in lots of places.

Its totally professional though, to put yard signs in the PRIVATE properties you cut for.

Do it the right way. Putting them next to roads, makes you look desperate and cheap.

10. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I wish you had posted this earlier and saved me a few hours on this. :rolleyes:...........:hammerhead:...............:cry: