1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Yard signs left near public roadways. Professional or not?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Exact Rototilling, Mar 18, 2009.

1. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

NP just keeping it simple.:)
  2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Funny an old friend of mine has a concrete business and is very well established in the local area. Late last summer he put up these signs all over. Really not exactly the kind of business one would think you'd get calls on -with this type of sign. I immediately thought times must be tough.

I also have mixed feeling about signs in happy customer front yards. Seems pushy somehow. Even the tiny ones the applicator Co.s leave behind. I was thinking of doing this for my aeration customers but using the tiny applicator type sign. My aerator kicks butt and leaves ton of plugs and I get a much percentage of the lawn done than other companies and I don't leave plugs all over walks & driveways.
  3. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy LawnSite Member

I think it's to much for a Bandit Sign, would look great on the side of a trailer but you need simple... plus the multi color sign is expensive. We use 2 signs, one color White with green ink 1. Got Weeds? then the Number 877-4GR8-LAWN WE MOW GRASS 877-4GR8-LAWN we get about 10 to 25 customers per year from the signs, but more we get our brand out.