Yard Signs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by A-1 Affordable Lawn Care, Dec 7, 2006.

1. A-1 Affordable Lawn Care

A-1 Affordable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Has anyone had great sucess on yard signs? if so tell me about it
    Thanks

2. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

This is really not something you can quantify. Research has shown that it takes they avaerage comsumer 27 times seeing your company name to identify the name with the type of service. Get your name out there as much as possible but make it look professional, don't do a spray paint sign, and letter the trucks. None of this is going to hurt you it will only help in the long run.

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I use them only when i do a Bigger Job on a House close to traffic areas but i haven't had much luck with them. The Best thing that worked for me was running an add in the local newspaper you usually make your money back you paid for the add in2-3 jobs which is alot cheaper and more productive then yard signs. I paid $350.00 for 6 yard signs that was done up real nice on both sides got 1 call from them. I ran an add in paper which was around $131.00 for 4 weeks and got more jobs then i could handle.

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I used to do custom home landscape jobs, these lasted from one week to 6-8 weeks. We used the signs and they did bring us calls I think they need to be there for at least a month. The best part was callers were our target clients because the people who called from the signs owned or where looking for homes in the area. We would put them up when we started and take them down after the final punch list was complete.

I don't know how much luck you would have with them if it was a 2-3 day job. You also want to consider the work habits of your employees. If your sign is out front and the doors of the truck are open with music blasting. You leave the street in a mess or have a cluttered job site or you start the job then disappear for days at a time people notice those things. I would only recommend them if you have a smooth running operation.

5. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

I have yet to use them for lawn care but have had good luck with pressure washing service.

6. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i tried to use yard signs but didnt have much luck word of mouth has worked alot better and is alot cheeper