Yard Signs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TheChiefsLawnCare, Mar 14, 2011.

1. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody ever use yard signs at the accounts that they have to help promote business?

2. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes and has worked fairly well for me, and I make mine for free.

3. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

We had 3 signs made with removable inserts so that we could use them year round. Started with "Firewood" and then inserted "Weed Control Spraying". Very good luck with both. Now we plan to insert "Weekly Lawn Mowing". Much better luck with signs than fliers.

4. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

And how do you do that? lol

5. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

So does anybody ever make a deal with the homeowner of the yard you already mow and ask them to place a yard sign out front? do you give them a free cut or something to sweeten the deal?

6. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

My uncle ran for city council so i got about 10 of his election signs and painted them orange, then had my grandmother make white lettering for them with her cricket machine thing that cuts stickers.

sign.jpg

7. Robert Pruitt

Robert Pruitt LawnSite Senior Member

can not do as per HOA By-Laws

8. TheChiefsLawnCare

Ok, kool. I was thinking of doing that. Saves time and money. I was gonna offer a free cut or reduced cut to the home owner that lets me. Just that they aren't very cheap. I checked vista print, build a sign and i also googled cheap yard signs. The cheapest I found was something like 11 dollars a pop. And it goes down to something like 10 or 9 if you get 6 or more. Anyways, I'm going to have to ask my homeowners if they would mind. Anybody know of any better places. I haven't checked with local places yet. They don't have that many of them around here.

9. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Just go to a local sign shop. thats where i got my truck magnets made and im getting some yard signs made there to for like $8 a sign....which isnt bad cuz that one sign could make you $500 in one year alone.

10. TheChiefsLawnCare

Yea, Im going to have to check into that.