Yard Signs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mattitude, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Mattitude

Mattitude LawnSite Member
    from WV

Do you guys put little signs in each of the lawns you service? I was thinking of doing this, in the hope that I could generate more business in those neighborhoods after they see how good our work is.
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive considered it, after seeing several companies around here with such signs. They seem expensive though. If you find any good deals let me know by PMing me

3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Would you compensate your clients for advertising space?

Personally I hate political signs in my yards, so I would not put signs my own in the yards I do. Maybe if you were doing a job very short in duration, but all season is tacky IMO.
  4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

maybe get your best customer to let you put one in their yard and give them a free cut every now and then. make sure its a high traffic yard...
  5. Mattitude

Mattitude LawnSite Member
    from WV

I have a few very nice homes that I maintain that are on corner lots, street intersections. I would like to put a small sign, no larger than 6in by 6in in thier yards. I also have two high traffic banks I take care of that I would like to do this with. I was thinking of making it like a reward program. I will knock $10 of this months bill if I can place this in your yard for the month, type of thing!
  6. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I just have signage on my truck doors and sides & rear of my trailer. That usually covers all while I'm there and not over stepping my bounds with the customer.
  7. Zach76

Zach76 LawnSite Member

If you're gonna do it, I'd go with larger signs. They don't have to be 2ft squares, but maybe 12" by 18". No one will be able to read your name from a passing car on a 6"x6" sign. JMO.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Pollution. I think this is as if we don't already heve enough of these types of signs detroying our landscape. We are already reading "Cheap Health Insurance", "Lose Weight now", "Get Cash Quick", Run A Business From You Home Computer", "Quality Painting", "Roofing", "Get Paid Today", among a dozen other "crap" services. I don't think we need to prostitute our business into the same type of category as these "traveling snake oil salesman" tactics. Afterall, we are selling a clientelle business, not aluminum siding. This is just cheap, and rather unprofessional. I think it's funny in a way, because there is actually a franchise type thing you can buy into that sells you these signs to put up. All over, around here, there are "1800LAWNCARE" signs stuck all over. The funny thing is, is that there are about 3 different companies (lco) right in this area who use this service. That's what I want to do. Pay thousands of dollars into something that other lco's are utilizing, too. My signs could be helping THEIR business! What a joke!