Yard Signs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LightningLawns, Jan 25, 2005.

1. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used the 18inx24in yard signs with your company name and # on them? Have you had any luck getting new customers from them? I was thinking about getting a few and putting them in some of my lawns, if the customer will allow me to. Just want to know if they work?

2. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

We had an agreement with a association (high end area) to cut a small grass area outside their pool tennis in exchange for advertising, the 2 signs were nice too ($175), but were trashed the very first weekend...

We've layed out aeration signs before as well, but no dice.

On a private lot, thats well maintained, at the right time of season...I'd do it again.

3. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

so you had luck on the residential lot?

4. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

did you say LUCK?

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have 4 in each truck..full color logo, phone number, and a few service bullets. On installs, they go in the yard the day before we start and stay a week after completion. I have different signs for hydroseeding that are basically our logo and phone number, and occassionally on a high traffic area, we will place a sign out by a busy road when mowing or spraying.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Here is a guy that will make them for a very good price. You can get 50 made, double-sided and one color for $195...not extra charges for you logo and that price includes stakes. If you want somebody to design them, I have found a guy that will do it cheap and give it to in the required .eps format. The first link is the printer and the second is the email of the designer.
    http://stores.ebay.com/Custom-Stickers-and-Signs-and-More
    markzewe@sbcglobal.net

I am personally going to have 50 made with 3 colors. I will uplaod a pic what I get the final copy tomorrow or if you give me your email address (through a PM) I can upload a copy of the .pdf format tonight. It's too large to add here and I dont have a pdf editor to resize the image.

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Matt, that is an awesome price..We pay $ 22.00 per sign($ 18.00 each 2 years ago), double sided with stakes. Our signs have 6 colors on them, how much extra does that guy charge for 5 more colors?

8. walker-talker

from Midwest

$425.....This is based on 50 signs....$195 for one color and $85 for each additional color. For 25 signs it's $165 and $75 for each additional color. For no more money than it is...I would definetely go with 50 signs. There are price breaks for the more you purchase...like most anything. Both guys I listed above are very quick to get back with you via email.

9. walker-talker

from Midwest

Ok...here are the signs I just ordered. Not the actual sign, but what they will look like anyway.

PROGRESSIVE YARD SIGN (simple view).jpg

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

sharp looking sign. Very eye catching