1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Yard

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedWingsDet, Dec 30, 2006.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

This is my yard, the building on the left is the shop, and the shed in back is for tools and such when its winter.

The yard is 40x60 and the shop is 40x20.

If anyone has any ideas on how to organize the trucks and trailers better please let me know. It is very tight, but for now its not a big deal because its winter, but in the spring we have to figure something out.... Im thinking of putting a 10ft swing gate on the right of the fence.

DSCN07488.jpg

DSCN07500.jpg

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Do you leave the trailer hooked up to the pickup during the landscaping season? If so I would back them side by side right in from the current gate. You could back straight in, pull straight out.

I would then park the trucks that are not pulling trailers to the right of the two trailers. If possible I would back in the trailers so there is enough room to get supplies and to the storage shed and area.

Or you can add the swing away gate and park the truck trailer combinations on the right hand side and vehicles with no trailers to the left side. Either way I would think you want to able get to the back side of your building.

3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

If the 2 trailers stay hitched to the trucks most of the time then park them side by side behind the gate where your sign is mounted and park the rest of the trucks infront of the fence in the back where the boat is.
    Is it alway muddy or just in the spring and winter. maybe you could lay some crushed stone.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

sell the boat and the van and youll have more space lol
    u have it about as good as is gets

5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

Thanks guys....

Trailers stay hooked up....

Thats not mud, I just had 40 Yards of 21-aa put down and tamped.

6. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, I'm w/ Red Max Man's idea. Nice stuff, how bout some shop pics?

7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

can you park in the shop? i would def limit what material you keep on hand

8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Are all those trucks yours or do you share w/ somebody? Are all those pallets yours? pavers?

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

I own the yard, I own the shop, Pavers are mine, but the Blue F350 and White 3500 and blue trailer are not mine. I let me buddy store his there. EVerything else is mine tho

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Impressive!!! How old are you?