1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

yards in a day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsu03, Feb 24, 2008.

1. lsu03

lsu03 LawnSite Senior Member

what is your record? my dad's friend bought a 80 account business along with like 3 60" ztrs and 5 employees. one day he and his men did 36 accounts, most about 1/2 acre. what is your record?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

# of props means nothing to me...ask me about 'bottom line' results and you have my attention.
  3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Unless you have the 36 accounts in the same neighborhood or in close proximity? thats impressive, quality not quantity I preach to my guys. I have done maybe 10 accounts in a day, with a total of 3 crew members the temp here gets up to 120 in the growing season. I do more work with 2 member crew, or one man crews spread out.
  4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I did 493 before lunch one day. Some of them I didnt edge the sidewalks though so thats probably why the number is so inflated.
  5. lsu03

the three trimmer and edger guys went in a seperate truck ahead and did what they had to do to all the lawns and then the three mowers followed.
  6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Five guys is NUTS for 80 accounts. I could do that, alone, with a 42" Walker and a 61" midmount ZTR.
  7. lsu03

they do have several large acreage accounts. it rains every week so they often get behind because the ground lets the water just stand there, so they need labor to catch up.
  8. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Five guys with the right equipment can do 50 to 55 in 8 hours.:waving:
  9. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

One day I did 9,681 lawn in one hour. I did really! :rolleyes:
  10. Wilson Edge

Wilson Edge LawnSite Member

Lets see 9,681 lawns X Average of $25 per lawn = $242,025

I wanna be on your christmas list :laugh: