yards per day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bmartin, Jan 30, 2006.

1. bmartin

bmartin LawnSite Member

What is the average number of yards you cut per day? I know it depends on size of yards, travel time, and equipment, but i would like to just get an idea.

2. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

14-15 w/2 man crew and GMC W3500 (Isuzu NPR). The vehicle makes alot of difference on in and out times.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I'd bet you good money that you Isuzu is no faster than one of my trucks and 18ft trailer.:cool:

4. bmartin

bmartin LawnSite Member

Our record is 32 with 3 man crew, using a 60" Super Z and a 48" Bobcat w/b, and a double cab chevy 3500.

5. blankenshiplawncare

Well you have a bet. What you may not know is that I have a f350 and 8.5X18 pace enclosed trailer also. I have to say I have had faster in and out times with the Isuzu on residential. Now on commercial properties it doesn't't matter what I take.

DSC00260s.jpg

DSC00258s.jpg

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

i guess it just depends on wht type of spaces you ahve to manuver in. On my route I can drive any size truck I want, and rarely have to back up.

By the way are you the same guy who posted last year in the the pic forum

" 1st year Im broke" you had a little box trialer and what not. If that was you man you made a BIG improvment in a years time! congradulations.

7. blankenshiplawncare

Yes that was me. I landed a couple of good accounts last year and the business sky rocket'ed. Thanks. My residential route keeps us in cul-de-sacs all the time for some reason. The GMC (Isuzu) gets in and out fast and clean.

8. amar

amar LawnSite Member

What is your average $ on your lawns?

9. bmartin

bmartin LawnSite Member

depends on size, but usually $35-$65

10. Gutterball

Gutterball LawnSite Member

I can knock out around 15 a day
    normal day for me is 4 to $500.