Yay for Spring!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowHouston, Feb 12, 2008.

1. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Its finally here! (by my official standards :laugh:)

I was just sitting here on the puter and out of nowhere *BOOM* a big clap of thunder. Seconds later, the sky opened up and here comes the downpour.

Good old south Texas weather! The money will be rolling in soon!

Just thought I'd share my elation. Good luck this year fellas.
  2. blind04

blind04 LawnSite Member

good to hear about your uplifting weather there in texas. myself, i am in northeastern indiana. here there is about 3 inches of snow on the ground and its snowing pretty good right now. supposed to be highs in the uper 20's the next week. i will most likely be saying hurray for sping in about 5-6 weeks.
  3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

5-6 weeks is about the same for here as well. Its been cold and windy. Light snow here and there, and temps in teens, 20s and 30s. We'll get one nice day in the 70s and then back to freezing temps. Hurry up and get here spring. :)
  4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

We had one light frost all winter.

Currently, thunderstorms, hail, and possible tornadoes here in FL.

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Got a good 4-5 weeks left till FT mowing. In the meantime I will work on my spring cleanups and mulching.
  6. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Thought about spring a couple of days ago....last two days its been around 12 degrees without the wind chill and tonight....4-8 inches of snow!!
  7. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow guys I'll count my blessings. We had about 5 or 6 cold fronts move through down here this year. Lowest temp was probably 32.

We're doing pretty good highs in the 70s and it looks like it'll stay that way. Sorry to hear about all the snow!

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I know im so glad the season is about to start. TIME TO MAKE SOME MONEY!!!
  9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I'm getting antsy up here in the DFW area! It's been fun having 75 degree temperatures one day and then 45 degree temps the next but I think overall it's about to break toward warm for good in the next couple weeks.
  10. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck, I had below freezing even as far south as I am.

Funnel clouds, winds, lightning, thunder, rain, but no hail yet. That is supposed to be tomorrow when the cold front comes south. :rolleyes: