1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Yay!!! I Passed!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Chris Wagner, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner LawnSite Senior Member

I took the General Standards test today pursuing my applicator's license.

I attended the training session before the test, but found the test to be one of the most challenging tests I've taken including those in college. I passed with an 86 of 100! Whoo hooo!!!

Tomorrow, it's the turf section to complete the state's requirement for an applicator license.

My assistant, Jonathan, passed the test with a 78 so he can be an operator under my direction.

I know my success is due in part the content here on Lawnsite.com.
  2. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

So very Cool :cool2:

It makes me feel better knowing that for every moron out there just spraying away without any knowledge that there are twice as many trying to educate themselves and become professionals :)

Good luck on the turf section tomorrow :waving:
  3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats! Drove up to Galesburg yesterday to the test only session and took my General standards, turf, and felt cocky and took the ornamental too. All I need now is some work! Im in the eastern DuPage/western Cook county area.
  4. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

There seems to be a rash of CPA's lately ... :D
  5. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

Congrats, Chris.

6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Well Done, Chris
  7. Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner LawnSite Senior Member

Passed my turf exam today (Thursday). Wish I studied a little more... I'm sure I could have done better.

But, I'm happy to say that I'll be an official applicator now!
  8. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

Good job Chris, The folks in Springfield have now turned you loose to legally learn. Keep the study guide and work book for referance. I marked all the test questions with a high lighter that I could remember for a refresher at renewal time. After several renewals I have pretty good notes. Also with a few years in the business it gets easier. Good Luck
  9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Tara, are you talking about me again! :D :D Congrats on passing the test, am working on mine.