Yazoo/Kees...any info at all.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nitro121, Oct 23, 2004.

1. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey fella's,

I'm just thinking of getting a commercial mower....did a post a few days ago about the engines that could come in it. Anyway....even when I do a search for Yazoo, yazoo/kees, yazoo kees on this site...it comes up blank basically.

Has anyone ever used, serviced, compared any of there ZTR's to the others? The dealer seems like a good enough guy...the winter price is decent...and it looks just like any other commercial mower just 1500 less basically (I still need to get other quotes from the other equipment shop to be 100% sure). But just can't find any pro's or con's to this equipment anywhere....that kinda worries me.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The only thing that I know about yazoo Kees is that they are owned by Electrolux corp. who owns Husquarna so they are very simular to the Husqvarna commercial mowers. I would say that they are worth looking at. Go to their website and read about them and if you like them then demo one.
  3. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

If I remember correctly, the only comments I have read about them was about poor factory support. I can buy Yazoo Kees directly from a distributor down here only an hour away but those comments worried me enough to look to other brands.

Anyone have first hand experience with Yazoo Kees or Husquvarna?
  4. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

i've demo'd a 52"/23hp max 2 quite a bit. Same dealership as my local ferris dealership. Awesome dealer....I'll be buying my next machines from them.

Anyhow, the yazoo/kees machines cut quite well, stripe nicely, and are good all around machines.

The downsides to the machines are that the controls are very jerky feeling, and they ride really, really rough (in comparison to my super z). When you combine the jerky controls and a rough ride, you can get the machine bucking really bad.

That said I wouldn't hesitate to buy one is the price was right.
  5. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

The dealer support here is really good at one of the dealerships! The other one who has carried them for several years is or has a poor reputation on service. As far as the ride I demoed one with a honda engine and deluxe seat and it was as smooth if not smoother than any other machine that I have drove in this area! I would not hesitate to buy one in this area!
  6. eric1951

eric1951 LawnSite Member

I purchased a 61" Yazoo Kees with a 24hp Honda, 1 yr ago this month. I have 160 hours on it, mowing 8 acres +-, everything has been fine. My local dealer provides great service, had to order a part this week, it come in two days later. This dealer has been in business a long time, he would not put up with poor support from the distributor or mfg.

The only problem I have had was uneven cutting, caused by the tires being under inflated. I purchased a tire gauge which would measure 15psi, check them periodically, no problem since then.

I would have considered buying a eXmark if there had been a dealer nearby, or a Bob-Cat had they offered a Honda engine.

There seems to so many choices as to brands, sizes, features, engines, the Yazoo had the items I wanted plus a solid dealer to provide good service, no regrets.

Good luck,

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Eric, Just curious but what kind of part did you have to buy?
  8. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

If you look at a Yazoo you will find that they stack up very well to anyone's brand. And if you have dealer support I do not think you can go wrong. This year there are several and I do mean several commercial cutters that have switched to them down here!

JEFF ZALMANOFF LawnSite Member

i have two max 2 mowers a 61 and a 72 both 27 hp kohlers ,they ride good and mow well , they are not jerky they are smooth , i think the people who rode jerky ones may have had a bad steering damper on it , overall good mowers , MAIN THING IS THE DEALER !!!! i have had good dealer support and the factory has been good too. ps buy the better seat it is worth it , jeff
  10. eric1951

eric1951 LawnSite Member

The part I needed was a pulley for the center blade spindle, it had developed
    a hairline crack around the the hub of the pulley. I noticed it during routine service, the dealer replaced it NC, under warranty.