1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Yazoo Kees Mega Max owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greeninga, May 1, 2006.

1. greeninga

greeninga LawnSite Member
    from GA

I bought a used one this year for a great deal, haven't really had any problems yet with the mower. Just wondering if the engine is supposed to be so loud and are there any other issues to look out for with the mower. Please don't tell me how bad the mower is I bought, how I need to take it back, etc. I never ran diesel mowers so I took the chance and bought it, normally run Hustlers. I'm just wondering about some tips or regular maintenance to do on them. Thanks

M G
  2. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Actually Yazoo/Kees builds very decent mowers for the money. Several larger dealers in my area have started to carry the line as they have several excellent price point mowers available.

I'm going to demo a 52" Z later this spring. It's selling for $5,800 and it seems to be a very nice mower. My dealer is really sold on them.

Good luck!
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Bless you all... that's all I can say...

Here's hoping the best for you guys... honestly.

I'm glad I've awakened from that nightmare already.

Some diesels are loud, and this Turbo Diesel is one of them. Nothing out of the ordinary. Enjoy the engine. I'm a fan of diesels. Just not Yazoo/Kees after having owned their products. Got burnt at both ends.

Anyways, I can give you a whole list of things to look out for and keep an eye on. But personally, I think you'll rest better and worry less by not knowing. In other words, you get to wait until you know something is wrong before you start to worry.
  4. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I had one of those units and it was quiet! However there was a muffler recall by YK. The old original mufflers were cracking and making them very noisy. That dihatsu engine is awesome and easy on fuel!
  5. greeninga

greeninga LawnSite Member
    from GA

Yeah it seems real good on fuel, it's just loud. I have to get used to the deck assist lift. I have to call Yazoo Kees and order an owners manual to make sure I know what I'm doing.
  6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

You can download an owner's manual from their web-site.