Yazoo/Kees Need Help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mudfish99, Mar 14, 2006.

1. mudfish99

mudfish99 LawnSite Member

Has anyone had experience with the 52" 21hp midmax ztr? I can get a really good price on one from a local dealer and am trying to avoid spending the big bucks on an exmark, scag, or kubota. The specks look really comparable to their competitors with the exception of about a 200 lb weight difference. The absolute largest account this would be used for is approximately 2.5 acre residential lawn. I don't expect to have to put more than 150 hours on it per season. Thanks for any help offered.

2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I dont care much for yazoo kees, but you can get a lesco for alot less new, than the kees, and imo their alot better machines than kees.
    www.lesco.com

3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Actually the Kees is about $200 or so less at retail right now in my area. The dealer is selling them for $5799 and throwing in a free suspension seat!

I demo'd the Kees last fall and loved the quality of cut and the overall feel of the machine.

The Lesco is a decent mower but I didn't like the quality of cut much at all...

It all comes down to.....demo....demo....demo!!

4. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on here on Yazoo. You should get plenty of info.

5. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Had my 61" 27 horse for about 7 months and I have had no problems.

6. Total Lawn & Landscape

Total Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Member

Have three 61" -27hp units, NO problems! Any mower is only as good as the dealer/distributor if a problem would arise. I'm sold on Y/K.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, and the majority of what you will read is not what you are going to want to hear. My advice (as a previous owner).... pass on it.... not a commercial grade machine and certainly not a fine upstanding company. PLUS 21HP ON A 52" will be a WUSS anyways. The 21hp Kawi didn't have enough balls to pull my 48" deck real well, much less a 52" and at best it burned 1.25 gallons of gas per hour.

If you want to save money on your purchase, go with a Lesco or Cub Commercial (same mower). Way better machines in every way.

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Well, I just found this out a couple weeks ago. Yazoo is BANNED from doing business with the State of NC.......to me that speaks volumes!

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :clapping:

10. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Can you verify this statement with some facts? Otherwise it's just BS!

I'm sure that the 20+ dealers listed in NC for Yazoo/Kees would be surprised as well.

My dealer says that the Yazoo/Kees riders are as good as any that he has seen and that the quality of cut is second to none. (He sells 4 commercial brands and is well known to be fair and honest in his opinions.)