1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Yazoo Kees ZMKW52230-Dies When Pulling in Motion Control Levers

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TxDoc, Sep 6, 2012.

1. TxDoc

TxDoc LawnSite Member
    from TEXAS

No problems prior to this occurring. I usually just take a leaf blower and clean off any grass or debris after mowing. But, I did take a pressure washer and washer generally clean off the whole machine. I know that may be my mistake, as this occurred a few days after and never has done this before.

-Sitting on mower, starts fine.
    -Release brake, no problem
    -reach and pull inboard the motion control levers and as soon as you start to move them inward...motor dies.

I have unplugged and blown air into the connectors for the safety sensor located under the seat, and push-button sensor that the parking brake makes contact with.

Not sure what else to check, or which one I might order and replace as the most likely culprit.

Any suggestions or help are much appreciated.

2. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Its definetly a safety sensor. Try overriding the seat sensor, by splicing the wires together.
  3. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems to me that the brake switch on those is oriented with the plunger pointed up. This allows dirt/water to get in the switch. Take a good look at that.