Yazoo/Kees ZT and YT Questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dbear, Jan 6, 2001.

1. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody running Yazoo ZT and/or YT series? If so, how's the reliablity and cut? I've looked at Exmark and Scag, but the local Yazoo dealer has some good deals on a few leftover and demo models. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks..

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 61" Y/K ZTMax. I bought it in May of 99, primarily for the cost reason. It was quite a bit cheaper than most dealers were getting for the Lazer Z, yet pretty similar. I also liked the fact that it had a 2 gallon hydraulic resevoir. I don't guess thats a big deal, but I liked the idea of having extra oil if there were a leak you didn't notice right away.

The mower has been pretty good. I delivers a nice cut and is fast. The only problem I have had with it is a small wheel motor leak, not enough to have added any fluid though. The problem is the dealer I bought it from has gone out of business and their aren't that many around. I don't know what the real future of this machine is. If your dealer has a good history and there are other dealers in the area as well, go for it. It is a lot like the the Exmark and uses some alot of the same parts, so finding maintenance items is not that big a deal.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

3. The Good Earth

The Good Earth LawnSite Member

We bought 2 Yazoo 48" ZT's last spring and fell in love with them. We had only been using Exmark walk behinds with velkes prior to that. The Yazoo's increased our profitibilty by leaps and bounds.

The only draw back that we had with them was a pull to the right. We took them back to the dealer and they had no idea what to do. They called in a Yazoo rep and had it sorted out within 24 hours.

Overall the machines are as strong as an ox. We have no regrets what so ever in purchasing them. We are already looking into 2 61" ZT's for this year for a property we got but it looks like we are going to have to get something in the 72" range.

All in all I would say make the investment, you won't regret it.