1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Yazoo Kees ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by P&C Lawn Care, Sep 29, 2003.

1. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, I am new to this site but not new to the business. Anyone own a Yazoo Kees ZTR. I am looking for new one for next season. I can get a deal on a new 61" Yazoo-Kees ZTR with a 24hp Honda for about $6200. Do you think this is a good deal or a bad deal. Have been told Yazoo's can mulch very well.
  2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

i owned a deere m665 for two years ( the power unit was made by kees and the deck was deere) i had zero problems with it . it had the 25 kohler. 700 hrs and never broke the first belt or have a bearing lock up or anything.
  3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

hey P&C thats a pretty good deal..I paid $6000 for a demo with 50hrs on it(52" 22 Kohler)
  4. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Apparently the dealers are overstocked and got a good deal on these, I like the smaller honda engines but am just wondering about the 24 hp ones.
  5. Blue Ribbon Turf

Blue Ribbon Turf LawnSite Member

I purchased a 61" yazoo kees last March with a 25 h Kohler with 150 hours on it for $5500 and I love it. I used to use a 48" Deer on a approx 7 acre property that took 8-9 hours to mow. With the Yazoo I get it done in 3 hours. The only down side to it is on slopes. Have not had any problems with it and would buy another in a minute. Good luck.
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yes I own one.

Yes that is a awsome deal.

Yes, in my conditions they mulch better than any other.

As for the Honda engine, that must be a new thing or a trial option, small run. Honda is not and has not been an engine option as of '03.

BUT, I will tell you right now, if you buy this machine, any Yazoo/Kees or Husqvarna equipment whatsoever, the first thing you can do when you get home is burn the warrenty card, even though the boast on of the best in the industry. Factory support is non-existent now. Take it from me, I know.

Don't get me wrong, these are excellent machines and the price you are getting makes me want to print this thread and take it to my dealer with a big friggin' question mark at the end. But consider your savings as a lack of warrenty on the machine. They do not stand behind their product at all and they will make no attempts to help you out with any issues.

Now many would think well..... the engine MFG warrenties the engine and the hydro MFG warrenties the hydro's and so on. But what if you have an issue with other stuff or if those other MFG's try to stiff you? I'll tell you what....you are dead in the water with no machine and no help.

If I were you and wanted to buy one, I would make sure the dealer was good and I would get myself a written and notorized 100% guarantee of a loaner equal to what you buy. This way the dealer will pay for the fix themselves so they can get their loaner back.

I have been in a 3 month war with Yazoo/Kees and Husqvarna over one issue and I have tried my best to hold my tongue about them because the product is so good. But only when it is working right.

You all can look forward to a nice long thread with all the unreal details in the near future. It's been hard for me to find time to put it all together. But I will.

It will surely make for good conversation at the Husqvarna Pavillion at EXPO, which I will not attend to avoid ending up in jail for assault.

JEFF ZALMANOFF LawnSite Member

8. Envy Lawn Service

Just some questions. What if anything have you had repaired this year?

Also, who is your dealer, owners name and number?

I would like to give them a call to see what all they have had to foot the bill for in repairs and what Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna has actually paid for no questions asked.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Also add Carswell Distributing to my list of people with worthless customer service. They are distributors for many products...

Operating Divisions:

The Dealer Group offers a combination of consumer and commercial lawn and garden power equipment, power sports products, and home heating appliances to retail dealers throughout the Southeast and the West North Central states. Commonly known brands offered include Great Dane, Robin, Bob Cat, Ryan, and Yazoo/Kees commercial grounds maintenance equipment as well as Poulan, Merry Tiller, Mighty Mac, and Murray consumer outdoor power equipment. Monitor, Toyostove, Deville, and Tharington oil and gas heating appliances make up our selection of home heating products. Kasea, Jehm, Murray, and Road Boss comprise our offering of power sports products. These major brands are supplemented by several in house brands of product to complete our overall offering.

Carswell Import and Marketing Associates is a division which currently imports two-cycle gasoline engine products such as string trimmers, brush cutters, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers under the Robin brand. These products are marketed in North, Central and South America through independent distributors as well as the Carswell Dealer Group.

OEI is a subsidiary company to Carswell located in Greenwood, Arkansas, serving the Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, southern Missouri and southern Kansas markets. OEI distributes Great Dane, Robin, Dolmar, and Bad Boy commercial outdoor power equipment. Additionally OEI is a major distributor for Rotary aftermarket parts as well as various OEM parts brands including McCulloch, The Electrolux Group (AYP, Poulan, Weedeater, Rally), Murray, MTD, Thermoid, and Windsor.

If you buy any of these brands, be sure they don't come from Carswell. If you already own something and it is from them, I really really feel for you if you end up being directed to them for service.