yazoo/kees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gem, Apr 7, 2005.

1. gem

gem LawnSite Member

New dealer in my location only 5 miles away. Is any one using these? What are your experiences?

2. holew

holew LawnSite Member

Yes I have one. 48 cut. Love the mower. They also have a good price

3. Mowmoregrass

Mowmoregrass LawnSite Member

Good mowers, cut nice and have a two year warranty.

4. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed one last fall and liked it. I will most likely be getting one this summer. They do have a good price and the dealer is a pretty good friend of mine.

5. gem

gem LawnSite Member

Mowmore.. what has your warranty experience been. I searched some older threads about yazoo/kees and they all lean to warranty support from the manufacturer being non-existent.

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I think that most of the people on here that say that customer support is non existant is people that have never dealt with the company. Yazoo is owned by Electrolux who also owns AYP and Husqvarna. I have never dealt with the company myself but I think people make them sound worse than they really are. I think if you had a warranty issue that it would be taken care of.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Then please by all means run right out and buy yourself one...
    No wait I have one right here I'll sell you.... Want it?

8. Travis Followell

from KY

No, i'll take my Ferris instead. Nothing like 4 wheel independent suspension.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ha Ha Ha!!! Didn't mean to bust your chops there.... :p

I just couldn't let your words go unchallenged because I happen to know for a FACT that every negative word said is TRUE. True beyond your wildest dreams.... to the point it's unbelieveable.

But no, there is nothing like IS.... Yazoo/Kees rides like hell. But for a rigid frame, Grasshopper will shock you with it's ride. Have you bought a Ferris yet? If not you ought to try out a Grasshopper just once. Somehow they already have a naturally good ride and the coil spring seat suspension helps a little more. Plus, they have a full blown suspension seat option that is new for '05. It will probably never match the Ferris IS, but I'd say it (322D/61) will be as good as it gets for a rigid frame with no moving parts.

You only get one body

10. Travis Followell

from KY

Yep, we bought a new IS 3000 2 or 3 weeks ago. Its got a 26 hp vertical shaft LC Kawasaki. We paid $9400 + tax for it. I've got the chance to put 5.1 hours on it so far and I love it. The suspension really helps out a lot but if the ground is rough enough and your going fast it will still bounce you pretty good but not nearly as bad as a rigid frame machine. It was definatelt worth the Extra cost to get the Ferris in my opinion. It cuts great wet or dry and is very well designed and I don't think we could have went anywhere and bough a better mower than that Ferris for $10,000. I done a little fine tuning to the front suspesnion and it seems like it will bounce more if you jump on it so I can't wait to mow with it again to see if it makes it ride better than it already does and keep in mind that the ground that we mow is the roughest of the rough. It has a 59" tire to tire width and will hold a hill very good.

Its ashamed that yazoo doesn't have better customer service because their mowers look like their built pretty good. I see a guy around here that has one and he mows at one of the factory's here in town and it cuts and stripes great but I guess a good mower is no good without good people standing behind it. I guess I didn't know what I was talking about earlier because like I say i've never dealt with them. :)