Yazoo Kees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjcezar, Jan 12, 2004.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

What do you guys think of Yazoo Kees Z's and walkbehinds? I am in the market for some new equipment this year.

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Same thing as husqvarna. Nice machine but they are a bit heavy. Alot of extras added for the price. Only problem, and not a big one, is the blade speed.

3. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I think they are great machines, in fact, Yazoo/Kees or Farris will be my next ZTR mower. I can't see that they are any heavier than any other Z mower. Another thing I don't get is this blade tip speed that some complain about. Yes I understand the fundamentals of having the blade turn at a proper RPM to cut a blade of grass, but I have yet to experiance a mower (that had sharp blades) having problems turning adequate RPM's for the blades. Maybe this happens when using dull blades.

4. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

OK so what is the issue with the blade speed? Are they running 1800 RPM or is it that their speed in not consistent?

5. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the Ferris....superior build, Yazookees remind me of a cheap Japanese knockoff

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

What the hell is a Yazoo? Now Ferris...I know about them probably more than most.

7. springman26

springman26 LawnSite Member

I have a Yazoo 48 in w/b with a 15 Kawi and I love it! I bought it last year new and I have to say it is almost exactly the same as the 1995 48 Exmark that I have. With the two side by side you can barely tell them apart. I think I got a good deal on it, $2500 oh and its a belt drive. I run a sulky on it and I can cut on the fastest speed 5 and really rip along. I would buy another if I had to. Just my 2 cents.

8. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Stick to Toro or eXmark. Can't go wrong there. If you want to spend a little more, bump up to a BobCat or Scag. Great all around mowers IMO. I tried one of their w/b's once, and would go other routes before I bought one.

Brian

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Bump up to a Bocat? You're kiddin', right? Maybe (?) a Scag...like you said, Toro or eXmark or IMO, a Ferris which was previously mentioned btw.

10. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Ferris...what is that?...are they the same ones who make the big "wheel"?