Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rose, Jun 11, 2004.

1. rose

rose LawnSite Member

We own 5 acres and are looking to purchase a zero turn. Have seen a 1998 Yazoo/Kees ZT Max, 25 hp Kohler, 61" deck. It has 325 hours on it. What is a good price?

My husband mowed commercially several years ago with a grasshopper. Don't want him to be disappointed. Thanks.
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Look on the Y/K website and see if they look like the new ones. The 48" cuts great and I have heard the same of the 61" deck. The 25 hp Kolhers had head gasket problems at one time, which may not be an issue at all with this mower. But frankly, that's the worst thing I can think of to say about it.

As far as price? Well, I don't know. What are they asking? It's several years old, but the hours are low. Maybe it was owned by a homeowner? Maybe it has been the dealer loaner or demo unit a long time? Who knows? There are some questions that need to be asked there. A commercial operator will clock those kind of hours in no time.

Anyways, what kind of physical shape is it in? How does it look? Where would you guess it clocked those 325 hours? Ask the dealer.
  3. rose

rose LawnSite Member

He is asking $3,800. It is in pretty good shape some dings on the sides of the deck. One in the front where it must have been hit pretty hard.

He says he was using it commercially. I'm thinking it must have been part-time.
  4. Blue Ribbon Turf

Blue Ribbon Turf LawnSite Member

I purchased a Yazoo 61" w/ 25H Kohler March of last year. The mower had 150 hours and I paid $5500 for it. I like the mower and it does a great job. No major problems with it yet. I think $3800 is fair but would offer a little less.