Yazoo Keys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dbankspc, Jul 11, 2007.

1. dbankspc

dbankspc LawnSite Member

I've got a chance to buy a Yazoo Keys ZTR for a pretty good price. It sounds like a good deal. It is a 2003 model ZTMax 52" with a 25 hp. Kohler. A little over 500 hrs. I've found a dealer close by that stocks parts. Everything looks pretty good, but I don't know anything about Yazoo Keys. Do you guys have any input on the brand?

2. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

Looking for dealer recommendations...best service..best prices...bad service stories...etc...

I'm in Ft worth..but will drive to Dallas if that's where the best dealer is.

Thanks

oops wrong thread ... sorry:hammerhead:

3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Yazoo=Husqvarna=Stay Away. Other mowers are built much better. What are they asking?

4. dbankspc

dbankspc LawnSite Member

They are asking 3400.00. Thans for the reply, like I said, I know nothing about these mowers

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

I sold a husky 52/23kohler for $3,100 w/ 280 hours. I just wasn't all that impressed with the cut, but they have recently re-designed the deck but they are still to pricey for the quality in my opinion.

6. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

As compared to what MTD I mean Cub Cadet? Yeah Right!:confused: I got a Husky 61 inch with a 27 Kohler and it is built as well as any commercial mower out there, and cuts very well. Mine has the tunnel ram deck. Never cut with the old one though. I do know yazoo uses the Husky deck pre-tunnel ram. I gotta friend that has a yazoo/keys 52 inch with a 25 kawi and has been using it for several years, never complained about it once, He loves his.

7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Maybe your friend never complained b/c thats all he knows. Thats how I was, but since using gravely and cub there is a world of difference. You need to use a tank to really see the cut quality. It has to be one of, if not the best cut around. I've seen the newer husky models in action and while they do cut alot better then the older one's it still doesn't compare to the top brands. Good thing for husky though is they finally started to put decent size engines on there mowers.

8. T Total Lawncare

Well i can't say i know anything about the cut on a cub. I worked at a resort for a few summers as a lifeguard and they bought a Tank kept it for 2 years and traded for a JD. There is a cub dealer about 25 miles up the road that also sells exmark. I see plenty of exmarks around but have yet to see a cub on a trailer or in action. I looked at possibly getting a tank before i bought the husky. I looked at the brochure and was scared of all that rigging that the deck attaches to. Looks a little too complicated. The pivoting casters looks like something that that would eventually go arye. Must be 500 grease points on the thing. Just too many little gimmicks for me. But as far as pricing go i went with husky because it was 1500 to 2000 less than other brands i looked at including exmark, scag and JD, and was about 900 cheaper than the cub tank. I would pay that for a cub but not for a MTD with cub stickers on it. So i wouldnt say they are too pricey. A 5 year warranty which was better than any brand. Just didn't think i could go wrong with that. The cut is smooth like any other brand as long as the blades are somewhat sharp. The one thing i do like about the cub is it comes with a striper. But it looked like it was bolted on at the connection to the deck instead of welded which I dont like. As for gravely, never seen one.

9. T Total Lawncare

Don't get me wrong I'm not vain enough to claim that Husky is the best or even a top brand. But there isn't anything wrong with them. I wouldnt even say Cub is in the 5 top selling brands either. It's funny how everyone thinks there stuff is the best.

10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

I agree. There's a few things I don't like about the cub, mainly is it's a little slow but I only use it on my finer yards that I mulch. The Gravely is a great mower. It is one of the beefiest mowers I've ever seen, it actually makes the tank look small. Hydro deck lift is sweet.There newer mowers are much better then there older ones that had several problems.