Yazoo Z Mowers - Models Question

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by J-Lawn, Apr 22, 2010.

1. J-Lawn

J-Lawn LawnSite Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new to the site. Could use some opinions.

Some things changed recently in my life, and now I have to go from mowing about 1/4 acre to 3 1/2.

I have been looking at Zero Turn mowers, and think I have narrowed it down to two. Both are Yazoo / Kees. Picked them based on what I have found in my area, and what service is available for parts and repairs. (Can't go with the $ for brand new 2010s)

1. 2006 Max2 - 61 inch. 80 hours. 24 hp Honda engine. Used with no warranty. Originally titled in July 07. Kept indoors. Residential homeowner use only.

2. 2005 MidMax - 61 inch. 25 hp Kaw engine. No hours. Was stored inside at a dealers, and would come with a 2 year warranty.

The prices are within $200 of each other. So money won't be the issue.

Any thoughts on the Max2 verses the MidMax ? (I don't know the differences.)

Any thoughts on the model years, engines, hours, or warranty differences.

Appreciate your input.

Thanks

2. J-Lawn

J-Lawn LawnSite Member

Update.

The engine on the 2005 MidMax is a 25hp Kohler. (If that makes a difference in you opinion.)

Sorry for the mistake.

3. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

They are nothing but husqvranas, that's all I run. I have the husqvarna ez model which is the mid max and has ran great for me. I have a dixon kodiak which is a max2 I belive. They cut good and run well the ez has had a hard life mowing commercialy all I have done to it is the normal maintenace and belts. The dixon is pretty new still I only have around 30 hours on it. The frame on the max2 is a commercial frame it more a commercial machine. The mid max is a large estate mower for a consumer who like you has a lot of land. If it were me I would go with the max2. Hope that helps. Thank you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. poncho62

poncho62 LawnSite Member

Go with the one with the warranty....only makes sense

5. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Oh I didn't see the warrenty. Most def go with the warrenty. Either mower will suit you fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device