yazoo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bennett scape, May 4, 2008.

1. Bennett scape

Bennett scape LawnSite Member

does anyone remember the yazoo mowers and how great the were? :):weightlifter:

2. musician/lawnman

musician/lawnman LawnSite Member

I own a Yazoo/Kees now.... Are you refering to before they merged? I've seen em around but never owned one.

3. wintergreenlawn&landscape

wintergreenlawn&landscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

I started on an old Yazoo 20 yrs ago. They were slow as hell, but cut nice.

4. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Yes they were amazing my uncle owns one with like a 9hp rear engine rider. It is amazing the only thing that is mesed up is the oringinal tires they go flat like overnight. Great mowers wish there were more dealers around here. Don't they own zenoah?

5. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

We have an old Yazoo 2-Stroke 21" mower, somewhere. Stupid thing still runs like a champ.

6. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you mean one of these? Hard to believe these were "state of the art" back in the day. :hammerhead:

yazoo.jpg

7. musician/lawnman

musician/lawnman LawnSite Member

Wow, That is an old machine.... Cool to see though.
    I have a 52" mid max zt w/ mulch kit.
    cuts nice but ya gotta go a little slower... so I guess not much has changed.

8. wintergreenlawn&landscape

wintergreenlawn&landscape LawnSite Member
    from CT

That brings back some memories!!

9. Bennett scape

Bennett scape LawnSite Member

that thing kicks ASS but i was speaking of the WB model with the huge bicycle tires on the rear man the cut was awesome. :):weightlifter::usflag::cool2:

10. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I still use a yazoo 26 master cut that has been retrofited with a 8 hp honda. Maybe on day I will get picks of it munching away at waist high weeds. I used a 60 inch like in the picture up until 3 years ago. I quit using it because it was slower than my ztr. My father still uses it around the house though