Yazooh Keys and Ferris

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLL25, Jan 4, 2006.

1. JLL25

JLL25 LawnSite Member

Anybody ever used these brands before? I found a new 32" Ferris and a new 48" Yazooh Keys. The Ferris is $2500, and the Yazooh is $3800. Both appear to be fixed decks both walk behinds, kawasaki motors both from 2004, hydro and they've never been used. The store is a like a Farm and Home type deal, its not a huge franchise, given that they have had these mowers so long and the fact that they arent out on display for all to see I thought I might offer them WAY less than what the clerk quoted me at(which was the price in the manual, the actual person in charge of sales wasnt in). I though I might make an initial offer of $2000 for both of them. Whats the worst they can do, laugh at me? What do you think?

2. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

$2000 for BOTH?? If thats what you're planning, than yes, they will laugh at you

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I hope the door doesn't hit you too hard on the way out...

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Double that $2,000 to $4,000 and they might talk to you. Both of those mowers are great brands but they aint going to let them go for $2,000.
    Good Luck though!!

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You'd be doing good to get the Ferris alone for $2000. If you want both offer them $4000. They'd be crazy to take any less.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

You'd be better served to keep your money in your pocket on the Yazoo.
    Crappy company.

Ferris on the other hand is a good reputable company.

However, offer what you like on the mower, but I doubt you are going to get a steal on anything. Why do you think they have been sitting on them so long? I have ran into something similar in my local area. Tried my best to strike a deal, but I just was NOT willing to pay 2005 prices for a 4 or 5 year old mower... even if it was brand new.

Far as I know this place still has the mowers and will keep them until someone comes along that doesn't know the difference... or until that MFG cuts ALL TIES with the dealer for parts and warranty support. Then I think they might start looking to move them....

7. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

why do you say yazoo is a crappy company?

8. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Envy had a bad expiriance with Yazoo

I on the other hand I have a 61" Yazoo ZTR and I love it. I have had it about 5 months, have about 118 hours on it and have had no problems at all. It is a good mower. All companys have a lemon and they are all gonna make sombody mad somtime. Go with what you think is best, but don't offer 2k for both mowers lol

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Long story... but I have owned their equipment... which has the potential to be good stuff if it were just somebody else who owned the company and supervised the build. Electrolux bought out Husqvarna and Yazoo/Kees a few years ago, effectively making the products the 'Crapsman' of the commercial market.

I've owned multiple mowers from this company and had a long 'rap-sheet' of issues with them. If you have problems, you are on your own with this company. They do not stand behind their product or honor their warranty and it is pretty much as simple as that.

Corporate (Husqvarna Turf) has a bunch of suits trained to be royal @ssholes in dealing with their end users. It's about loss prevention and denial of warranty claims with them, rather than customer support. You just wouldn't believe.... I wouldn't wish this company on my worst enemy.

10. JLL25

JLL25 LawnSite Member

Hey Envy--
    Off the topic of my original post, where did you get that line at the bottom of your posts? "The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten."---I love that!